Thursday, December 3, 2009

Rotorua Half Ironman - 18 Dec 09

Should I be nervous? I'm not sure, but I am. Probably cause I am seriously not ready. I have struggled to get on the bike since Kona, and I picked up a shoulder injury at swimming last week.

This race is going to hurt.

Luckily for me the Rotorua Half Ironman is arguably one of the best courses for a tri in New Zealand. The swim is the in the pristine waters of the Blue Lake.
The bike is pretty tough but very picturesque as about 40km of it skirts the edge of the Lakes Roto Iti, and Lake Rotoma.

The run is as equally challenging as it start of with a trail loop around the Blue Lake, up the stairs to nowhere and then down a large hill towards Lake Tawarea. It does a couple short(ish) loops, and goes back up the large hill and finishes with another punishing lap around the Blue Lake.

It is a good thing Hooksie provides every finisher with a cold beer (or 3).

Rotorua Half Ironman - 18th December 2009

1 comment:

  1. Dude, the training you did for Kona was no small feat. Even as a 4ft dwarf you're not underdone. I have no doubt you'll rise to the occasion and race above yourself.

    ReplyDelete