Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Probable DNS – Ironman NZ 2010

I am currently in a position where I won’t be doing Ironman New Zealand in March cause I literally can’t afford the $805 entry fee & the $1000 accommodation charges. I find it frustrating that a lack of money will exclude me from competing. I would have been able to compete if my car hadn’t broken down just prior to Christmas and is now going to cost me $3k plus to repair (fired turbo).

It’s an interesting position to be in as I really want to compete, and I still feel like I am going to be wading into Lake Taupo on race morning full of nervous anticipation, but the reality is I just can’t see how I am going to be able to do it...especially with the entries closing on the 17th January. Right now I would say that there is about a 10% chance of me being on the start line.


No comments:

Post a Comment