Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Tauranga Half Ironman

I am not sure what to think about my race at the Tauranga Half Ironman.

I finished in 17th place overall, same as last year (average), but 2min slower (negative). I was 3rd age grouper, same as last year (average), but won my age group, was 2nd last year (positive).

picture quality (average)

I swam about the same time (average), despite this year’s awful currents and a mean out-going tide (positive); I rode about 8min slower despite riding a tri spoke front wheel and a disc on the back (negative), but I did manage to run 7min faster (positive), but probably cause I didn’t ride as fast (average)...

3 x positive

5 x average

2 x negative

I think that about sums it up....average, however I guess I shouldn’t be so blasé I am now the 2009 National Half Ironman Champion 35-39yr (positive)....the cheques should start rolling into my mail box any day now

4 x positive

5 x average

2 x negative

Slightly above average then...

Full results here

1 comment:

  1. You had a fancy new (off-sizes) wetsuit. So it really looked like you knew what you were doing. Positive.
    Your bike was equipped with extra faggy go fast bits so all the other shaved poofta's would've been impressed. Positive.
    The way you are banking into that corner on the run makes it look like you are going really really fast even though you weren't. Positive.

    ReplyDelete